Custard pies, meringue pies and cream pies do not freeze well. They will be watery and separate after thawing. A baked pie can be frozen for 6 months, a longer freezing time than an unbaked pie. Loss of quality increases with the length of time in the freezer.
How do you freeze pies after baking?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Make sure your pie is fully cooled.
- Wrap the pie in plastic wrap.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag, making sure to squeeze all the air out of the bag.
- Label and date the pie, so you can tell what it is in the freezer.
Can you freeze pie to eat later?
Yes! You can absolutely freeze a pie to enjoy later. However, it’s important to know what types of pies freeze well and which pies should be enjoyed within a few days (or immediately after baking) and stored in the refrigerator.
How do you freeze and reheat pies?
Baked Fruit Pies – Frozen or Refrigerated:
- To freeze pie, cover tightly in plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 to 4 months.
- To thaw: Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place frozen pie in refrigerator the night before warming/baking.
- Remove plastic wrap and place on baking sheet.
Do you freeze meat pies before or after baking?
You can freeze Meat Pies either baked or unbaked. Either way, when you want to bake the Pies, you can bake them off frozen. They will, however, take a little longer to bake then the time stated in the recipe.
How do you freeze sliced pies?
How to freeze Pie and Cake
- Freeze them whole. Let them cool completely. Wrap them well in plastic wrap and freeze. …
- Freeze the slices. Slice your pie or cake. If your slices are firm (like a cheesecake or a cookie pie) place each in a ziploc sandwich bag, seal, and freeze.
Can you freeze meringue pie?
For leftovers or pre-made meringue pie, make sure the pie has cooled completely prior to freezing. Cut the leftovers into serving portions and place them in a freezer-safe plate. Stick the pieces of meringue pie in the freezer until they are frozen stiff (about 2 hours of freezing).
How long does pie last in the fridge?
Pies that make use of eggs and dairy (like pumpkin, mousse, and custard pies) should go straight into the fridge after cooling. They’ll stay good for 2 days. You’re also fine to freeze some pies like pecan, pumpkin, and fruit pies (as long as they’re well wrapped to protect them from freezer burn).
How do you store pies in the freezer?
For best results, first bake the pie and then place it uncovered in the freezer. When completely frozen, wrap the pie tightly or place in a plastic freezer bag and place back in the freezer. Frozen, baked fruit pies will keep up to 4 months.
Can you freeze a cooked meat and potato pie?
This can be made into two smaller pies so you can freeze one. Simply wrap well and freeze before Step 9. Defrost the pie in the fridge overnight, and cook as per Step 9 until piping hot in the centre.
How do you freeze pork pies?
FREEZING. Leave the pie wrapped in its paper then wrap it tightly in tinfoil and put the pie in a polythene freezer bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can you freeze a pie with uncooked pastry?
It is best eaten on the day it has thawed. For other apple pies with pastry you can freeze the assembled and uncooked pie and thaw it for 24 hours before baking it.