Prepare your grill for direct heat to cook burgers, steaks, pork chops, kebabs and vegetables. Or, if slow-cooked roasts and whole chickens are more your style, use the grill with indirect heat instead.
Is a gas BBQ worth it?
The benefits of a gas barbecue
The heat is very direct and consistent, usually coming from 2-3 set of burners, allowing you to sear with ease, which is perfect for barbecue staples. The speed and instant adaptability are great for summer midweek cooking, as well as churning out the goods for larger groups.
Can I cook everything on a BBQ?
Yes, you can make grilled pizzas, grilled vegetables, grilled salads, grilled tacos, and even grilled banana splits!
What can you cook on a BBQ other than meat?
From savory to sweet, here are 14 foods you should be grilling this summer instead of meat:
- Pizza. PIN IT. Photo by Sophie Maschinot. …
- Corn. PIN IT. Photo by Tiare Brown. …
- Eggplant. PIN IT. Photo by Sabrina Congel. …
- Zucchini. PIN IT. Photo by Sabrina Congel. …
- Polenta. PIN IT. …
- Avocado. PIN IT. …
- Romaine Lettuce. PIN IT. …
- Brie. PIN IT.
Can you roast on a gas BBQ?
You will be able to roast chickens, joints of meat, whole fish and even vegetables. Your gas barbecue will need at least 2 burners and a hood. The idea is to create an outdoor oven by utilising and selecting the burners on your gas BBQ.
Do gas BBQ need charcoal?
For the majority of gas grills, you should not be adding charcoal. They are designed to handle the heat created by burners and not the heat created by burning charcoal.
Do gas BBQ taste like charcoal?
The biggest difference between gas grills and charcoal grills? The ones powered by gas don’t impart any smoky flavor to the food that is cooked on them. That smoky flavor is one of the many reasons food cooked on a charcoal grill is so appetizing and appealing.
What meats can you barbecue?
Poultry: Skinless, white meat chicken or turkey; ground turkey breast. Beef: Flank steak, top loin, sirloin, porterhouse, T-bone steak and tenderloin; 90% lean ground beef. Veal: Any trimmed cut. Pork: Pork chops or tenderloin.
What meat is best for barbecue?
Best Beef Cuts for Grilling
- Chuck Eye Steak (Delmonico) A low-cost alternative to the Rib Eye Steak. …
- Ranch Steak. Affordable, lean and versatile. …
- Flat Iron Steak. Extremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful and great for grilling. …
- Tenderloin Steak (Filet Mignon) …
- Strip Steak. …
- Porterhouse Steak. …
- T-Bone Steak. …
- Ground Beef.
What do you cook first on a gas BBQ?
To sear, start with a grill as hot as it will go. Put the meat on and wait 1 minute. Flip the food and reduce the heat. The high temperature will caramelize the meat’s surface.
What can I put on a BBQ?
Here are your essential BBQ items:
- Burgers (…and don’t just think beef! …
- Hot dog rolls and burger buns (why not try brioche buns for a street-food feel?)
- Chicken wings and thighs.
- Burger garnish: lettuce, tomato and red onion (cut into rings)
- Cheese slices.
- Mixed Salads – basic salad, cous cous, potato salad etc.
What foods can be grilled?
- Sweet peppers (6-8 minutes each side)
- Onions (5-7 minutes each side)
- Zucchini and other summer squash (5 minutes each side)
- Corn (25 minutes)
- Portabella mushrooms (7-10 minutes per side)
- Romaine lettuce hearts (3 minutes per side)
What are the traditional side dishes?
Some common side dishes include:
- Baked beans.
- Baked potatoes.
- Dinner rolls or other breads.
Is roast same as grill?
The main difference between Grill and Roast is that Grilling is a process of cooking food that allows direct contact of the food with the flame, whereas, Roasting is a process of cooking food that allows an indirect contact of the food with the flame.